Saturday, June 20, 2009

Is there another LD Rally within 1500 miles before the snow flies?

OK.

I admit it.

I'm either a sucker for punishment or totally insane.

If you ask Larry...he'll say he's the sucker and I AM insane...but he keeps coming with me so I'd say he's equally crazy.

I've been back for almost two whole weeks now and "Barney" is still in the shop waiting for his fluid change, new spark plugs and a new fender. Part of me has been lazy and the other is just plain beat from the drive back and forth to work and the workload I've been under. A very busy son in the mix doesn't help getting to the shop at an early time either.

But lets suffice it to say, I'm really looking forward to another LD Rally, LD Ride or just eating the miles out there. Even though I've put Barney on hold, I've been riding my Vulcan 900 back and forth to work, and I'd even consider a LD Ride on it again! All I want to do is go out and eat the miles...

The Internet is also another big problem...I've been reading blogs in the evening from guys that are touring from Alaska to San Diego and another from a Chap riding Round the World on a '62 Panhead with a Rigid Frame. (Do I ever feel like a pussy...)

So I think it comes down to this...

There's a 12 hr Rally in Quebec in September.

I should have Barney's issues ironed out by then.

Larry's interested....

Now all I have to do is beg for permission.....

Hmmmmmmmm.....What will this cost me in the end???????

Keep checkin' in to find out!

No comments: